These tests require a swab sample to be collected and sent back to our UK laboratory using a pre-paid envelope. Here your swab will be tested for a COVID-19 postitive or negative result. Please note that these particular PCR tests are for active symptoms/current infections only only, i.e. if an individual is infected with the virus at the time of test. This test will not identify if you have already had the virus and recovered.
- For more information about the PCR Swab Test Kit, please visit our Coronavirus Testing page here.
- Please see our how-to video for collecting the COVID-19 PCR Swab Test sample here.
COVID-19 Test Journey
- The PCR Swab test is purchased
- The test kit is delivered directly to your door
- You follow the instructions within the box and collect your throat swab sample
- Using the pre-paid envelope, you send the sample directly to the lab
- Within 2-3 days, you receive the results
- If you test positive, Public Health England are automatically notified