If you are considering getting dermal fillers done to correct the signs of ageing, it is important that you understand how your skin ages and exactly how dermal fillers are able to effectively correct it.
From the age of 25, the collagen, elastin and proteins that keep the skin looking plump and youthful begins to drop. When those levels begin to decrease, over time, you usually start to notice signs of ageing creeping in – such as; wrinkles, fine lines, sunken cheeks and eye bags.
Dermal fillers can be highly effective in helping to correct these signs. Before getting the treatment done, here are some important facts about how fillers work and why they are a favourite among many people.
- The Majority of dermal fillers contain Hyaluronic Acid which is already a substance that is naturally in the human body which attracts and binds water in the skin.
- Dermal fillers work in harmony with the bodies remaining collagen and elastin levels to smooth and even out the area being treated as well as replace volume lost from ageing.
- There are over 60 different types of Hyaluronic Acid based filler available and results can last anywhere between 6-18 months depending on the specific type that is best suited to treating the specific area. Our favourite at the clinic is the Juvederm range.
- Infections and allergic reactions are extremely rare providing that your fillers are carried out by a highly qualified and specialist Practitioner. It is ALWAYS important to have a thorough consultation prior to having a new treatment done.
- Dermal fillers can have mild side effects that are temporary and usually very mild such as redness, swelling, or bruising from the injections and these are usually instantaneous, quickly subsiding.
- There is minimal downtime with fillers and a numbing agent is used to minimise discomfort.
- Dermal fillers can also be used to correct specific areas alongside the effects of ageing. For example, there are many effective and specialist treatments using fillers such as non-surgical Rhinoplasty, chin and cheek shaping, eye bag rejuvenation, The Louboutin Lift for the soles of the feet and many more!
There are increasing numbers of people seeking dermal fillers today due to how effective, quick and easy it is to have done with the fact that there is minimal downtime.
Our Doctors here at Viva Skin Clinics are qualified to the very highest level and are extremely experienced in the use of dermal fillers for treating many different skin concerns.
If you are interested in having this treatment done, we welcome you to book a one to one consultation with one of our dermal filler specialists who will be happy to help and advise you on the best options suited to you.