01 Mar Is microneedling an effective skin treatment?
Microneedling treatments are a popular choice when it comes to rejuvenating, repairing and smoothing the complexion. The procedure itself involves running a series of tiny needles over the skin to encourage the body to activate a healing response to the wounds and effectively repair and revitalise. Here at VIVA we offer two treatments that utilise the benefits of microneeding in combination with other skin loving processes:
The AQUAGOLD® fine touch™ Facial
The AQUAGOLD® fine touch™ is a micro-channel device with a difference that can be used to address an array of skin complaints including acne, pigmentation, large pores, texture and tone, dryness, scars, blemishes, wrinkles and loss of volume. The process itself differs from a traditional microneedling technique in that it utilises its 20 tiny needles, finer than a human hair to deliver a hyaluronic acid based cocktail into the skin. Further to this they are also administered vertically rather than dragging meaning pain, bruising and downtime is minimal. The benefits don’t end here with the products recognisable gold-plated needles making it gentler on the skin, suitable for sensitive areas such as around the eyes and highly unlikely to cause irritation due to gold’s high biocompatibility with human skin.
AQUAGOLD FACIAL BENEFITS
- The cocktail of ingredients is delivered instantaneously as the needles run over the face meaning that the goodness is in the skin before the micro-injuries begin to heal.
- The technique used means that the complexion is treated evenly and at optimal skin depth.
- The ultra fine needles guarantees 1000 injection sites across the face.
- The process is gentle and suitable for all skin types.
- The process is quick and easy, taking as little as 10 minutes to complete.
- There is very little discomfort and downtime involved.
VIVA’S VAMPIRE FACIAL
The Vampire facial is a unique treatment that combines a microneedling process with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy. It consists of a small amount of the patient’s own blood being drawn before being centrifuged and purified in a machine. This separates the Platelet-Rich Plasma, which is then reintroduced into the treatment area via micro-channels created using a mocroneedling technique. The two treatments work in unison as the microneedling encourages the body to repair itself and the PRP secretes at least seven different growth factors to rejuvenate and refresh the skin.
VAMPIRE FACIAL BENEFITS
- The treatment is quick, easy and fuss-free, taking less than an hour to complete.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- The benefits of the PRP facial start to take effect immediately and you can also notice continued improvement over time as collagen production increases.
- It is a versatile treatment that can be used to address a number of skin complaints including large pores, fine lines and wrinkles and hyperpigmentation whilst plumping and hydrating the whole complexion.